Saturday 26 January 2013

That's Home!

 
My husband and I went to see The Hobbit in cinema recently. As already avid Lord of the Rings fans, we weren't disappointed by the film. But...
 
Oh to live in The Shire!! In a Hobbit hole by the stream to be precise! It's just idyllic, isn't it?


 The Shire is described as a small but beautiful and fruitful land, beloved by its inhabitants!
 
 
And my favourite little smial (or Hobbit hole!) of all.....Bag End! 
 
 
 At the end of Bagshot Row is the enchanting home of Bilbo Baggins. A surprisingly spacious dwelling which tunnels into the earth. Inside, it's warm and cosy, dimly lit by candles. The fire always crackling in the hearth, his favourite armchair beside. The entryways and windows all low and perfectly round. The pantry well stocked with good things to eat and drink; cake, bread, meat, potatoes, ale and tea. The decor homely; panelled walls, wooden furniture, an antique chair, his mother's heirloom box. His study; lined with books, a feather pen and ink atop his writing desk, his poetry and his memoirs; "There and Back Again". 
  
 
 
 
 
 Bilbo clearly loves his dear little home as much as I do and missed it so on his adventures...
"I often think of Bag End. I miss my books and my armchair and my garden.
See that's where I belong. That's home."
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...