Wednesday 14 January 2015

Snow Day!!

We woke up this morning to this...


I know for some of you it's a regular occurrence but it is still a rare thing in Ireland.


The local primary school appeared to be closed and all the children were out in their hats and scarves making snowmen.



Mr. Auburn commutes to the capital for work but decided to work from home today, a welcome break from the usual long and early morning journey.



The combination of said snowfall, Mr. Auburn being at home and a nasty fall yesterday convinced me to take a day off from work.



Before I left the house yesterday, I went outside to feed the birds. On my way back through the kitchen, I had a spectacular fall on the tiles when my wet boots went from under me! I managed to injure the entire right side of my body!!



So today I decided to give my body a rest.



We had a late breakfast. 



Then wen't for a stroll across to the park with my new camera.



Had a little Bailey's coffee to warm up afterwards. 


Watched The Grand Budapest Hotel.


All in all, a lovely relaxing snow day!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you hurt yourself. But your pictures were delightful and that will probably be the only snow I see this year. We rarely have snow in Brittany (basically we have the same kind of weather as Ireland or Cornwall). Tonight is extremely windy as there's storm on the Channel. Keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you heal quickly! Snow is so magical, and when it is rare, so special. I sense your sentiments. Gorgeous photos! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to read you had a nasty fall, ouch. But your snow day sounds perfect. I love the Grand Budapest Hotel, hot toddy drinks and snow all combine for a pretty good day methinks. No snow here at the moment, I'm hoping it stays away as I'm due to go away for a few days with a girlfriend of mine and bad weather might scupper the trip.

    keep warm

    Jean

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear you hurt yourself. Hope you feel better soon. Thanks for coming by my blog now I have found yours. Have a wonderful week end.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you had a fall. That can be painful for sure. The snow can be quite beautiful love your blog title, because we reside in Auburn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry you fell and got hurt. I hope you're feeling much better by now. These photos are amazing. Is there where you live??? Is that stone cottage your home???

    ReplyDelete

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...